Forklift Training Courses
TLILIC2001- Licence to operate a forklift truck
Our training is delivered by WorkSafe Authorised Assessor Stuart, from Victorian Forklift Assessments in partnership with our Registered Training Organisation (RTO), Clever Training. Clever Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO no 41236) regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), we provide nationally accredited forklift truck training.
Why Choose Clever Training
At Clever Training we want to make your training experience a great one. We strive to provide a relaxed learning environment that is both informative and motivating, while providing you with professional and friendly service the whole way through your experience.
Our Forklift trainer Stuart is passionate about Forklift safety and will train your staff in your workplace, using your own forklift and equipment at your factory. We’re not just about workers getting their ticket, but about workers being as safe as they can be in their work environment.
We provide onsite courses, in your workplace, anywhere in Country/Regional Victoria and offer after hours forklift training 7 days a week, all at no extra cost. Our training is tailored to the needs of your workplace and is appropriate for new or experienced forklift operators.
About the Unit
This unit is based on the licensing requirements of Part 4.5 of the Model Work Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations, HRW and meets Commonwealth, State and Territory HRW licensing requirements.
Key areas covered include:
- safe operating procedures
- forklift truck manufacturer requirements
- carrying out pre-start checklists, operational checks and safe shutdown
- risk and hazard assessment strategies
- safe work regulations and workplace procedures
- traffic management plansdetermining lift requirements and calculating loads
- demonstrating lifts and manoeuvring
The course is delivered using blended training methods including classroom training, paper written assessment, practical forklift training and assessment.
Our training course is a 2 visit process, the initial “enrolment visit” and a second “assessment visit”.The assessment visit is normally scheduled a few weeks after the initial visit so that students have ample time to complete their pre-assessment written homework and practice their skills under supervision prior to their assessment.
Training is estimated to take 2 working days however your visits will vary depending on the number, and previous experience of students.
Upon successful completion of all assessments students will receive:
- a nationally accredited certificate of attainment for the unit TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a forklift truck from Clever Training.
- a WorkSafe Victoria “Notice of Assessment”.
This serves as a temporary forklift licence for up to 60 days, but must be submitted at an Australia Post Outlet within 60 days of completing your training to be issued with a forklift licence. At Australia Post students must show sufficient ID and documents and pay a $65 fee before they are issued the “Licence to Perform High Risk Work- LF Fork-lift Truck Operation”.
Onsite at your workplace factory.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be a resident of Victoria (or have an exemption from WorkSafe Victoria to complete your Forklift training here)
- Have valid photo identification
- Have sufficient English, language, literacy and numeracy skills (students will need to complete an assessment to ensure the training course is suitable for them)
- Need to have, or apply for a Unique Student Identifier (USI) number
Students are assessed using several methods including:
- Pre-assessment activity book – written assessment
- Practical Training Tasks
- WorkSafe mandated assessment: this includes a written assessment and practical forklift assessment
*Students must be found competent on all assessment tasks to be found competent for the unit
A quote for your workplace will be provided on request
What to Bring
When you come to class, you should bring:
- Photo ID, you must bring one of these:
– Australian Drivers Licence
– Australian Firearm Licence
– Proof of Age Card
- You should wear appropriate factory-work clothing, protective gear (if not provided by your workplace) and closed-toe shoes.
- All coursework will be provided at the enrolment visit.
Currency of unit
This unit was superseded on 12/Sep/2018 and is equivalent to TLILIC0003 – Licence to operate a forklift truck. The RTO has a 12 month transition period from that date to transfer to the new unit.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), Credit Transfer and Exit Opportunities
We acknowledge those who have forklift experience and will offer an opportunity for RPL through an assessment only approach using the National Assessment Instrument mandated by WorkSafe.
The assessment will include:
- Completion of the written assessment;
- Completion of the calculation assessment; and
- Demonstration of performance assessment tasks.
Our Forklift training is delivered onsite in partnership with our trainer Stuart from Victorian Forklift Assessments, to learn more about Stuart or to get in touch directly, please see his details below.
Victorian Forklift Assessments
ABN: 90 600 238 935
0448 338 240